Last Monday was a beautiful Puget Sound day. We were in Tacoma, so we swung by Metropolitan Market are got a picnic dinner to take to Point Defiance Park.
We have been coming to the park for 25 years (this month) and I never noticed this statue of the founder, Francis Cushman. He was a Congressman from Tacoma who helped secure the land for the park.
We admired the flower garden.
I decided I really should plant some more dahlias.
There were so many different ones in bloom. If I can just think to plant them at the right time next Spring!
We even saw a heron in the pond.
We walked through the Japanese garden too.
The night was so nice, we headed over to the Tacoma waterfront.
We sat on a dock and watched the sunset and the crab and salmon fishermen pulling in their catch.
Yesterday, we decided to climb Green Mountain. This seat in the rock was the perfect viewing point.
However, this was our view. The wild fires in Eastern Washington obscured our view of the Sound, Seattle and Mount Rainier. So, we will have to do it again another time.











No comments:
Post a Comment