After a lot of wandering looking for Joseph Hedrick, Karl came out of the office with a map. He was a Civil War Veteran and thus was in a special section and his was the very first marker we passed as we entered the cemetery. He was born in 1847 in Ohio, served in the Civil War Oregon Infantry (which never actually fought) and died in Tacoma at the age of 44 of consumption on December 4, 1881. It's amazing what you can find on the Internet!
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Port and Departed
After a lot of wandering looking for Joseph Hedrick, Karl came out of the office with a map. He was a Civil War Veteran and thus was in a special section and his was the very first marker we passed as we entered the cemetery. He was born in 1847 in Ohio, served in the Civil War Oregon Infantry (which never actually fought) and died in Tacoma at the age of 44 of consumption on December 4, 1881. It's amazing what you can find on the Internet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a great excursion! I would have loved to take a tour of the Port of Tacoma. I didn't know they did tours. I'll put that on my list of things to do the next time I'm near the Puget Sound. I hope all is well with you and your family!
We are doing great and finally getting a little summer weather! Your boys would enjoy the Port Tour--they are hard to catch though. They only happen once a month and usually on Sundays.
Post a Comment