Wednesday, February 23, 2011

President's Day Painting

We decided to paint the family room on our holiday. The prep work took half of the day. Karl cleaned out the mold from our lovely aluminum window tracks.


At first Karl was cautious on the ladder and Mason or Spencer held it at the base.


We made newspaper valances to protect the blinds.

But by the second day, Karl stood at the top of the 18-foot ladder with a paint brush in one hand and a cup of paint in the other balancing by pressing his head against the ceiling. I couldn't watch!

Mason covered the middle sections as well as filled in with any job that needed extra help. (We need to clone him!) Spencer and I cut in and rolled the bottom parts of the walls and entry way. Three days later, the room is all put back together and looks "taunting."

3 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Applying "taunting" was a daunting task!

Pam said...

Way to get the whole family involved! I always think the prep work takes the longest. I'm glad Karl didn't fall! He's got a good, solid head!

Mel said...

Yes, he does have a solid head and those brains are what earn the money for us!