Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back to Berkeley

Karl and I took an overnight trip to the Bay Area. We flew into Oakland and headed straight to Stanford University to do research in three different libraries. Although the California mission style campus was pretty, there was nothing worth taking a picture and posting. We drove to Sunnyvale and met friends for dinner and then on our way to Berkeley we stopped and walked around the Oakland Temple.

I know there is some button I could have pressed on my camera to take night photos which might have improved my pictures. Too bad I didn't know how to do it. Linds!!! I need some help!

Then we headed to stay in the newly remodeled Shattuck Hotel in Berkeley. Some interior designer had a lot of fun with crazy wall paper and dramatic colors.


Karl blended right in. Even the carpet was wild.

Our room was well coordinated and comfortable.

In the morning the sun came into the bathroom and we could see campus and the Berkeley hills.

I don't remember our Berkeley January days being as nice as the day we had. People had sweaters and jackets on. To us it felt like a nice summer day of mid 60 degree weather.

We headed to three different libraries on campus two of which were located in buildings which were new to us having been built since we left campus.

Doe Library, however, has been around since the beginning.

We had lunch in a little Korean restaurant next to the engineering and computer science buildings: chap chae and spicy chicken with vegetables for me.

It was the third day of the new semester and lots of students out.

I'm ready to move back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should!

Val

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Your temple pictures are outstanding:)

Pam said...

What fun for you and Karl! The Korean food looks good...