Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Go Bears!

 We found ourselves so close to Berkeley while we were in Fair Oaks, we couldn't resist a quick day-trip.  So, we stopped at the Jelly Belly factory on the way.  The boys couldn't remember much about our visit thirteen years ago.

 We took the factory tour; and although the machines were not operating, we still had to dress the part.

 We drove past the Berkeley Ward building and saw the missionaries standing outside and the door was open.  So, I took a picture of Elaine Brockbank Evans' sculpture of the organization of the first Relief Society, which is in the front of the Relief Society room.

 The chapel is very unique.  I love the stenciling and the old pipe organ.

 We walked across campus and went up in the Campanile.  We stood under the bells while they chimed.

 It was perfect weather and a perfect day in Berkeley.

 There were so many options for dinner, we finally settled on a Turkish restaurant.

 The girls both ordered felafel.

 I was so hungry, I cannot remember what this was called.  The name had "pie" in it and it was filled with cheese and spinach.

 Mason had shaved beef and lamb with rice.

 Our first Turkish restaurant and everyone was pleased with their dinner.

Bring back those Berkeley days!

No comments: