Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Olympia









Field trip Mason and I rode the bus to Olympia to tour the state capitol. Today was the 59th day of their 60-day short session of congress so it was a busy place. We saw a bill being debated in the House of Representatives about taxing soda pop. We saw a bill being debated in the Senate about tax incentives for small businesses. We met with a member of the House from Gig Harbor who took questions for 15 minutes from the fourth graders. We also got to go in the Secretary of State's office and in the Governor's Council room--where she is when you see her on TV.

Mason got to act as a supreme court justice in a mock trial. Our capitol is the 4th largest mason-style domed building in the world! First is St. Peter's at the Vatican, second is St. Paul's in London and third is a church in St. Petersburg, Russia and then, us! Also our capitol has the largest amount of solar panels on it's roof in our country, enough to completely light it up at night!

My pictures are bad because I had an almost dead battery and I think I had it on a setting that I shouldn't have! I need a camera class!







No comments: